Local Hero Awards
Applications – Awarded Year Round
Purpose – Honorary Service Awards (HSAs) are given by PTAs to honor and thank those who contribute so much as volunteers and community members to enhancing the lives of children and youth in their community.
The Local Hero Recognition is designed to further acknowledge the special contributions of your HSA honorees to your community. With this program, California State PTA shares the stories of your HSA Award Winners to showcase how their dedication and efforts have impacted your community.
If your PTA honored someone in the last year with an HSA award, consider nominating the recipient to receive the special honor of a Local Hero Recognition from California State PTA.
Recognition – Your Local Hero will receive:
- Local Hero Recognition certificate from California State PTA
- State-wide acknowledgement of his/ her impact on your community featured on the California State PTA website
Application Tips – Tell us about your Local Hero by completing the application form and attaching:
- Brief biography of your HSA Award Winner
- Photograph of recipient receiving HSA Award
- Brief explanation of how your HSA recipient enriched and benefited your community