Jump into January
Jump-start your PTA with a midyear membership push
On your mark, get set … GO! Plan a short midyear push for membership. Repurpose your fall membership campaign theme, or create a new idea for this midyear membership campaign. National PTA statistics show that units hosting a January-February membership campaign finish the year with 20 percent more members!
- Jump into action! Double-check to make sure that all teachers at your school are members of your PTA. Take the "Teachers Matter – Now More Than Ever" membership challenge. Qualifying units can win a free registration to this year's PTA convention in Anaheim.
- Bounce to staff members – office personnel, cafeteria staff, custodial staff, nurses, counselors and para-educators such as teachers' aides and library assistants. Have you asked them to join your PTA?
- Bound into 2012 by again asking parents and community members to join – with the hectic beginning of a school year, many may have missed the opportunity to become members during the fall membership campaign.
- Plunge into new territory – ask your city councilmen, local businesses, service club members (such as Rotary or Lions Clubs), grandparents, school site neighbors, after-school care providers. Did you remember to ask your past Honorary Service Award winners to join? How about past PTA presidents?
- Leap into a new way of thinking about PTA membership. Like a valuable product, PTA membership should be regularly advertised. Membership is a yearlong pursuit.
Once your midyear membership campaign is completed, let us know about your accomplishments by completing a brief online survey at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/januarychallenge. Your PTA will be honored on-screen at the 2012 PTA Convention in Anaheim!