Teachers Matter - Now More Than Ever
'Teachers Matter... Members Matter' Membership Challenge
Here's how to receive one free registration to the 2013 California State PTA Convention in San Jose on May 2-5:
- 100 percent of your full-time, home-based credentialed teachers join your PTA;
- Your PTA increases membership above last year's membership total; and
- A completed application form is received in the California State PTA office no later than midnight, January 31, 2013. To download the application click here.
What makes this membership challenge unique?
This challenge has two important focuses. California State PTA honors the support and loyalty of teachers—the "T" in PTA. We also continually strive for increased membership. Each qualifying unit that meets all criteria will receive one free convention registration.
How does my unit qualify?
Complete and meet all criteria in the application, and your unit is in good standing. Verify your application with the signatures of both your principal and your PTA president. List the full-time home-based credentialed teachers on page 2 of the application. There are 3 ways to send your completed application directly to California State PTA:
- Mail applications to the California State PTA office, 2327 L Street, Sacramento, CA 95816-5014.
- Scan applications and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FAX applications to 916-440-1986.
How do I complete the application?
Please follow these guidelines:
- Every full-time, home-based credentialed teacher at your school must have joined, with membership dues remitted through channels and received in the California State PTA office no later than midnight, January 31, 2013.
- A list of full-time credentialed teachers must be submitted as part of the application. Your principal's signature will verify that all full-time credentialed teachers based at your school site this school year have been listed.
- The signature of the PTA president will verify that per capita for every full-time credentialed teachers at your school site has been remitted through channels to California State PTA by midnight, January 31, 2013.
How will we determine which teachers to include on the teacher list?
- This membership challenge is based on the number of full-time, home-based credentialed teachers at your school, i.e. teachers who hold a California teaching credential, with a full-time teaching contract. 'Home-based' refers to the school to which the teacher has been assigned and/or receives a paycheck.
- Para-educators, educational aides, instructional aides are not credentialed teachers.
- Full-time teachers include, but are not limited to: K-6 classroom, PE, Art, Math, Science, Social Studies, Humanities, Drama, Foreign Language, Resource, Title 1, Special Ed, etc.
- Work with your principal. A list of full-time, home-based credentialed teachers at your school may already be available, or may be easily provided by your school office staff.
How will we determine if our unit has increased our membership?
- A unit has increased membership when their January 31, 2013 year-to-date membership total exceeds their June 30, 2012 end-of-year membership total.
- District PTA leaders can provide membership totals for each unit in their district.