STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
California State PTA believes every child should have access to quality education in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). California State PTA works to support efforts to improve STEM education, enabling more students to acquire skills for access to higher education and employment in the 21st century workforce.
Why is STEM education important?
Listen to a few public service announcements recently aired on Radio Disney AM 1310.
California State PTA Vice President for Education
Chair of the State Assembly Education Committee Joan Buchanan
San Francisco Unified School District Superintendent Richard Carranza
Learn more by listening to these 30-minute "Let's Chat" segments on Radio Disney AM 1310.
What is California State PTA doing to advocate for STEM education?
- California State PTA Vice President for Education Dianna MacDonald
- Member of the California State PTA Board of Managers Dr. Alison Wiscombe
What do parents need to know about STEM education?
- Chair of the State Assembly Education Committee Joan Buchanan
- California STEM Learning Network Chief Executive Officer Chris Roe
- San Francisco Unified School District Superintendent Richard Carranza
Click here for more information about California State PTA's resolution on STEM education.
Resources to spark your student's interest in science
Check out these sites for great resources, information and ideas about STEM and how you can help spark your student's interest in science.