Graduating High School Seniors
CALIFORNIA STATE PTA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Graduating High School Senior Scholarships
Applications Due – February 3
Purpose – The California State PTA offers Graduating High School Senior Scholarships ($500) to recognize volunteer service by high school seniors in a school and community.
This Scholarship Program provides funds for PTA members to register for courses at accredited colleges, universities, trade or technical schools.
Eligibility – For the Graduating High School Senior Scholarship, successful applicants meet the following criteria:
- PTA member graduating from a high school in California between January 1 and June 30 of the current academic year
- Current member of his/ her high school PTA which is in good standing
- Scholarship used during fall semester following high school graduation for studies at accredited colleges, universities, trade or technical schools
- Enroll in courses accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc., Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, New England Association of Schools and Colleges, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Provide proof of enrollment and completion of coursework to California State PTA by June 1
- Completed application and reference forms with letters received by California State PTA by February 3
Selection – Each year, the California State PTA Scholarship and Grant Committee carefully reads and vets each scholarship application. All applicants are notified of their status in March.
Scholarship winners receive a letter of congratulations and recognition certificate from California State PTA along with a check.
Application Tips – Before submitting your scholarship application packet to California State PTA, please remember to check that it includes:
- Completed application form and packet submitted by February 3
- Proof of your PTA membership
- Descriptive essay (maximum 2 pages) outlining:
- Your PTA responsibilities
- Your career plans, goals, objective and any other information you feel would be valuable to the selection committee
- All of your school service-related activities including any service you provide to others in your school
- Your volunteer service in the community
- Two (2) completed reference forms and letters, written specifically for this application
- First reference – Written by a community volunteer leader unrelated to you and who you volunteered with
- Second reference – Written by a member of the high school faculty
If mailing a hard copy of your application packet, please remember to ask that reference forms and letters be given to you in a sealed envelope for you to include in the packet.
If applying online, provide the link specified in the online application to your two referees to submit their completed reference forms and letters.
Dr. Ralph E. White Graduating Senior Scholarships – Each year, this program awards a scholarship for $500 to two (2), successful applicants of the Graduating High School Senior Scholarship who intend to pursue a career in a medical field.
Two students selected to receive a Graduating High School Senior Scholarship are awarded an additional $500 from the Dr. Ralph E. White Graduating Senior Scholarship Program.
To Apply - To submit your scholarship application packet, either:
Complete the application form online:
Download the application form and mail a hard copy of the completed form and other required materials to California State PTA:
Questions? – Please contact the California Sate PTA Scholarship and Grant Chairman at: email@example.com