Leadership Development Grants
The Leadership Development Grant is designed to strengthen leadership skills and grow leadership capacity on unit, council and district PTA boards.
Each year, California State PTA funds a grant program for local PTA leaders to encourage their engagement in the California State PTA convention. This grant is available to facilitate a PTA member's:
- First time attendance at the California State PTA Convention
- Continuing leadership development at the California State PTA Convention
District PTAs select grant recipients for the Leadership Development Grant Program, which is funded by California State PTA.
As part of the grant program's criteria, PTA members who receive a grant to attend convention complete and submit a Grant Report to the district PTA by May 15 that includes:
- Written report describing:
- How they benefitted from convention?
- What skills they obtained?
- How their convention training will strengthen PTA involvement?
- Receipts and detailed list of convention expenses
District PTA Grant Report
A final report from a district PTA on the distribution of its Leadership Development Grant funds is due by June 1 to California State PTA.
For more information, please contact your district PTA president.